Pages

14.6.09

Two Weeks Old!


I can hardly believe that my darling baby girl is two weeks old already! I know that doesn't sound very old, but to me it sounds ancient. I can remember gazing at her in the hospital when she was only minutes old!

We are settling into our routine together. It's taking time, but God is giving grace for each moment. I love my baby so much, and Bryan and I are soaking up our family time with her. We have so many special moments as a family! I love this "new life" of being 3!

We have her 2 week appointment tomorrow, and we'll find out what she weighs. I think I neglected to mention in my last post that there was some concern with her weight. After being born at 6lbs 6oz, she dropped down to 5lbs 8oz. I can tell just by looking at her that she has put on weight, but we'll know tomorrow just how much. I'm really blessed that we found a great pediatrician who came highly recommended! He's a Christian and really supports missions. It's refreshing to find a doctor who doesn't tell you you're crazy that you're going to be raising your child in Africa. (Not like we're headed to the far reaches or anything, we're going to Cape Town, South Africa for crying out loud... we're hardly talking huts and witchdoctors!) Anyway...

Well, I just wanted to let you see how my baby girl looks 2 weeks later... Isn't she beautiful?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats she is beautiful

Jess said...

She's beautiful!