Pages

1.4.10

Just a Day at a Time...

I haven't posted in a while because I'm in Vermont... visiting my family for one last time before I head across the ocean.

You could safely say this trip has been full of mixed emotions. I'm so sad to know that this is my last time with my parents for a while... but I'm excited to think that this means our move to South Africa is really happening... and soon.

My motto has become "A day at a time..." and I've truly  been living it. I'm doing my best to simply take it a day at a time... knowing that we are not promised tomorrow... and therefore we must cherish today and live it to the fullest.

It has been so wonderful to be with my parents and brother. These are precious moments I wouldn't trade for anything.

Of course, I'm missing Bryan LIKE CRAZY! I can't wait to be back in his arms! I've said it before, and I'll say it again... married couples just aren't meant to be apart! It's just not right! But once again... a day at a time! I'm content knowing that this time with my parents is worth even the separation from Bryan.

Sweet Peyton has been thoroughly enjoying Grandma & Grandpa. Their constant doting is life-giving to her... and she readily offers them grateful smiles whenever they chance to look her way. Unfortunately, she seems to be coming down with her first cold :( BOO! Her delicate little coughs and the telltale rattle in her chest break my heart! She's more snuggly than usual and just seems sick... it only make me baby her more than I already do! And my poor baby is cutting not one, but TWO teeth right now! She really has alot going on... but she still manages to be the happiest baby I've ever met... even in the midst of not feeling very well!

Tomorrow we're going to climb Mount Philo... not a huge mountain here in Vermont... but it still offers a delicious view of the most gorgeous state in our country ;) Vermont will always hold such a special place in my heart... no matter where on the globe I find myself. Even though I've adjusted to being far away from it, I still think of it as home.

Only two more months until we leave the country! Wow... I can't even begin to relay all the feelings that continually whirl around inside of me! One day I can't contain myself I'm so excited, and the next I'm so terrified I can't think straight! Some days I relish the thought of flying across the ocean to a new land, and others I can't help but despair at the thought of leaving my country and everything familiar. But God is in control... and I have to trust that He will carry me through this new chapter just as He has carried me through each one before it.

He NEVER FAILS! Never has, never will.

2 comments:

♥ Brittany Ciara ♥ said...

Oh, Claire, I hope you enjoy the delicious views! :) You are such an inspiration to me. I will be heading off the the children's retreat in the morning and couldn't be more excited to see the way the kids act when it's just them and God! There's no service up there, and iPods and DS(s) aren't allowed. I can't wait to share the Lord with them on such a wonderful holiday. Many blessings to you and your family.

Cole Franke said...

True words- God is so so faithful.beautiful blog.

nicole