Hey!!! We had this wonderful stew for dinner! The great thing about this totally yummy stew is that you can whip it together in MINUTES... but it looks and tastes like you worked a lot harder on it ;) It also smells great while it's cooking!!! And it's great for the whole family... Bryan LOVES the meaty sausage, and Peyton can easily grab the beans with her fingers :)
My suggestion would be to try this recipe on a night when you're craving a yummy, homemade meal but you don't feel like slaving in the kitchen for hours!
Here's the recipe!
Sausage & Mixed Bean Stew
- 1 pound fully cooked smoked sausage (I use Hillshire Farms) halved and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 (10 oz) cans diced tomatoes & green chiles (this does make it a little spicy, just a warning!)
- 1 (15.5 oz) can Great Northern Beans
- 1 (15.25 oz) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can lima beans, drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper