Pages

13.5.10

A Family of Four

My heart is so full as I sit down to write this. Many of you already know what I'm going to say if you're friends with me on Facebook :) We found out on April 29th, that we are going to have another baby!

We were shocked, to be honest. We truly weren't expecting to have another child so soon. When we saw the positive test, a million thoughts went running through both our minds. Of course there was the initial "YAY!!! WE'RE PREGNANT!" because a child is always a joyful event (to say the least!). But we also wondered what this would mean for our plans to go to South Africa on May 30th.

After a lot of prayer, discussion and a few conversations with people we trust, we made the decision to continue towards South Africa. We plan on having this baby there without the help of insurance. It is a huge step of faith, but we believe that God will not only provide, but He will cause everything to fall into place, preparing the way before us.

Now we are just waiting on visas. Our visa applications are lost somewhere in the mail. We are praying the package will find its way back to us in time to send back out to the consulate for approval. Please keep us in your prayers as we are only a couple weeks away from the day when our flight will leave!

God is in control, and He will have His way.

As for this pregnancy, I am thrilled. I already love this baby intensely and am already counting the days when I will look my new child in the face! Tomorrow we have our first ultrasound, so we will have our first glimpse of this little miracle inside of me :)

I am 7 weeks along... due on December 30th.

Please pray for us that everything will come together in these next 2 weeks.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU. :) AWESOME NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Callie said...

COngratulations! How exciting! :-) I'm happy for you guys.

Jami Balmet said...

Yay!!! That is sooo exciting! And amazing to see you guys keeping that faith in our Lord! Praying for your visas!!

Rae Nolt said...

COOOONGRATS! SO SO SO happy for you! I love babies and having one is the BEST!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! That's so exciting!