Pages

17.11.11

This Path Called Life

Funny how life can take you places you never thought you'd go. How you can look at your life and marvel at where you are, and how you got here.

This third little life is due just about a month after my 23rd birthday. I'll have a child for each year of my 20s. I only met my husband 5 years ago... we married nearly 4 years ago... and here we are now with (nearly) 3 children. Cliche as it may sound by now, I couldn't have chosen a more appropriate name for this blog! My life has been on fast forward for a while now, and it doesn't appear to be slowing down.

Image Credit
But even in the midst of my wonder at this life of mine, I'm happy. This isn't the path I thought I'd take, but it's a beautiful path that's led me from being a young girl, afraid of life, to a wife and mother who is responsible for caring for an entire household.

Life has taken me places I didn't ask it to. But God has orchestrated each step, each open door, and each moment. I only pray that He will continue to lead me forward in HIS path and not in the paths that only I want. Because if I'd mapped out my life myself, I wouldn't be here. And that would be a mistake.

We have to trust that God knows what He's doing. Sometimes He'll start to take us somewhere and we'll halt--tell Him He can't be right--explain to Him that we won't be happy going that direction. BUT if we open our hands and TRUST... only beauty can be the result.

No comments: