Pages

1.1.09

Beautiful Reality

Wow, it's been a while since my last post. Sorry about that. Pregnancy is still going great! I definitely feel blessed to have had such a healthy pregnancy. Everything seems to be going according to schedule and my belly has swollen to become quite a definite "bump". I think I'm past the stage of looking fat, and into the realm of being obviously pregnant.

I do think I forget to tell you guys about my first dirty look from an old lady... that was my first real cue to notice that I really had become obviously pregnant. See, here's the thing. Being 19, and still looking like a teenager, I suppose it's easy for me to be mistaken for a young teenage unwed mother. Which, I honestly thought wasn't looked down upon that much anymore but apparently it is. I was walking through Target, tummy bulging the way it has been lately and I'll admit I was huffing and puffing a little. (Yeah, I'm not used to toting this much weight around!) and this lady with an obvious prejudice against teen pregnancy shot me the nastiest, dirtiest look I have ever had the pleasure of being subject to. This was a few weeks ago when the belly had only just recently begun protruding, so I'll admit that at first I was a little confused as to why she was looking at me so rudely. As she continued to gawk (yes, gawk, this woman was LITERALLY staring with her mouth open) I realized that her gaze fell exactly upon my baby bump. I was mortified that this lady would look upon new human life with such disdain! I'll admit I was hurt, but I guess at the same time I was touched because I realized that it is now obvious that I'm pregnant, and honestly, I see that as a good thing!

Well, moving on from the harshly prejudiced Target lady... I felt the baby kick for the first time this week! At first I thought it was just my stomach being weird, but then after it continued to happen I realized that no normal stomach does that! My baby has continued to kick daily since then and I'm loving being able to feel this life inside of me :) Bryan has been able to put his hand on my belly and feel the baby as well. Each passing "symptom" of pregnancy reminds me that this is, in fact, a reality. A beautiful reality!!!

Hey, by the way, Happy New Year! Make it a good one. And hey, while you're at it... make a resolution not to judge any teenage pregnant chick you see. It's human life, however it got there.

1 comment:

Jess said...

I have to say your are adorabley cute. I know you are an adult, but you look good with that little bump and you have that pregnancy glow. Have you done the wedding ring test? It's an old wives tale that if you take your wedding ring and put it on a string and hold it, if it then swings like a pendulum it's a boy, if it spins a girl. It's not scicentific, but it's fun to try and speculate. Maybe you have a little dancer in there. Glad things are going well!

Jess