Pages

16.8.10

I am Blessed.

I'm halfway through this pregnancy. I can't believe how quickly it's gone already. I guess I haven't spent as much time just daydreaming about this baby. When I was pregnant with Peyton, that pregnancy was my all-consuming focus. I spent hours just staring at my belly, dreaming about what my child would look like, and talking to her in soft whispers. I feel almost guilty when I compare that pregnancy with this one. This time around I've been so busy--so preoccupied with a busy almost-toddler, an international move, and an adjustment to the mission field. I guess in all the hub bub, I've lost sight of the simple miracle going on just inside my body.

These past weeks as my unborn child grows (and my belly along with her!) I am reminded of the incredible miracle of life. As I feel her kicks against my abdomen, and her little squirming movements that feel like butterflies, I can't help but stop. Stop in the midst of my busyness, and just revel in the fact that there is indeed a life being created within me. Her sweet little nose is being shaped... her lips are being formed... she can already suck her thumb, hiccup, somersault, taste and even hear! When I sit and think of her, will myself to take the time to sit and daydream about my new little one... I cannot stop the quickening of my own heart. I am so excited to look into the eyes of my second child. I cannot wait to hold her in my arms and soak in those first glimpses of her face, her mouth, her little toes, her eyes.

I am blessed.

3 comments:

Stephanie M. Page said...

Being pregnant is such a miracle. bless you sweet wife. mama. and servant of Jesus!

~The Harrison Family~ said...

Pregnancy is such a beautiful season. I love it. And don't feel bad, it was the same way when I was pregnant with Gracelyn. With Ethan I felt like it consumed my every moment but then you have a little one to chase and take care of so you don't have as much time to just sit and daydream. Can't wait to see your sweet girl - she will be just as beautiful as her big sister and momma. Hugs ♥

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

So excited for you on this journey!