Pages

11.10.10

Tagged!

Hey Blog Readers!

I was tagged earlier this week by Callie Nicole at Through Clouded Glass. Such a fun post to get tagged in, because now I get to answer 7 questions that Callie asked me, and then in turn I get to tag 7 other bloggers and ask 7 NEW questions :)

So here we go!

1. What do you like best about your current profession? Well, my current 'profession' is being a stay at home momma and wife! I LOVE my profession :) I am so thankful that I have the opportunity to be a full time mother to my beautiful girls. My favorite thing about being at a SAHM is not missing a moment with Peyton. She is changing so quickly, and her enthusiastic approach to life teaches me something new every day. My deepest desire is to raise godly children who are well grounded in who they are and what they stand for. I am blessed to be in a position to do that :)

2. What is your favorite color, and why? Okay, well my personal favorite color is not necessarily the color I would use in my decorating ;) But it's HOT PINK!!! I just love how in your face it is. It's unashamed! I'm so passionate about embracing femininity in today's society when womanhood is so misconstrued. I love that hot pink is one of those colors that is just total bold WOMAN! It's just plain fun.

3. How did you come to know the Lord? I was raised in a Christian home, so Jesus was a part of my everyday. But I didn't necessarily "own" my faith in Him until I was around 14 years old. I was struggling with an issue in my life that nobody really knew about. One day, I just went to one of my favorite spots out in the woods and I told Jesus I was done with sin and I wanted Him and Him alone to rule my life. I was sick of messing around and wanted to stand up and make a difference... not just in the world... but in my own day to day life. God met me in such a huge way that day! I committed from then on that I wouldn't look back. All Him and nothing else. It's been a beautiful love story ever since!

4. What was your favorite family tradition growing up? Honestly, I have to say Christmas. (how cliche does that sound???) But my family has always had a really specific way of doing Christmas :) We all would get up early on Christmas morning, and my sister and I would sneak down to get a peek at the presents around the tree :) Then we would collect our stockings from where they hung and crawl onto the end of my Mom & Dad's bed. We always would open our presents (stockings and "big gifts") in order of age... waiting and watching each person open each of their gifts :) Christmas would take ALL DAY, but we really appreciated each item we received. And we loved sharing that time as a family :)

5. What is your favorite girl movie? Oh man!!! I have MILLIONS! I love to curl up with a great chick flick... especially with my sister :) Honestly, I love the greats. Pearl Harbor, Titanic, Sleepless in Seattle, the Notebook... but there are some newer ones I love too... 27 Dresses, Confessions of a Shopaholic......... fun ones like Sydney White, She's the Man (haha Amanda Bynes KILLLS me!)............. I know there are more! seriously my mind is drawing a blank and I know I'm going to think of like 100 after I post this!

6. What is one book that you would say is a "must read"? Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. Hands down.

7. What is one thing that you would like to do for or with your future children? Well, I"m going to include my "present" children too :) I would honestly just like to leave them with the strong memory of how intensely I loved them. I want them to know that I didn't just sacrifice my life goals/career desires for them because I felt I had to, but rather because I wanted to know. I want them to know that I wanted each one of them, no matter in what circumstance they were conceived. I want them to always know that Mommy loves them with all her heart, and she's always their number one fan. :)


Okay! That's it for my 7 questions! Thanks Callie!!! That was fun :) Okay, now for 7 people to answer 7 of my questions!!!

Here are my 7 lucky ladies :)
1. Keri at The Harrison Crib
2. Tori at Geeks in Love
3. Krystle at These are but the Fringes
4. Lib at Truly His
5. Leigh at Looking for Things Unseen
6. Carlee at The Payton Periodicals
7. Stephanie at Living to Praise

Here are the questions:

1. What is the one thing you can always do that "brings you back"....? (i.e. when you're really stressed or upset, what one thing helps you re-focus and find your feet again?)
2. Who is someone you know personally who has qualities you want to emulate?
3. What is the best time of your day and why?
4. What is your all time favorite song... your anthem?
5. What is a dream you have that has been put on the back burner?
6. What makes your husband the perfect man for you?
7. What one thing can make you smile no matter what?

2 comments:

Truly His said...

There you go, girl :) I got them done for you. Thanks for the tag! It was fun to stop doing homework for awhile... hehe:)

Unknown said...

Thanks for tagging me in your question post! I always love reading your blog! :)