Pages

30.8.12

Only about 900 miles later....

I guess we can safely say it's been a long time since I've blogged. Getting used to this?

I often find it hard to write when there is a lot going on in my life. Obviously, the busier I am the less time I have to blog... but that's not exactly what I mean. When there is so much to tell, I have a hard time knowing where to start. But sometimes you've just got to jump right in.

We're in North Carolina. Like living in North Carolina.

Now, if you're friends with me on facebook, chances are you knew this already. But if you're not, well, then this is news.

It all began a couple months ago when we found out that the home we were renting needed to be put on the market. We had hoped to one day buy the house we were renting, but we weren't ready right now. The house, because we did so much work on it, had gotten out of our price range. We weren't at the right place to be able to make an offer. So... we knew we had to move.

Bryan and I feel like we're at this place in our life where we need to focus on raising our family. We have three kids now, and we have pretty clear vision about wanting to raise a godly family. We are ready to put roots down and to flourish as a family--raising our children to love God and to know Him.

We prayed a lot about what our next step would be. And as we did research, talked, prayed, sought God... this was our conclusion. North Carolina.

Things moved into place pretty quickly. Well, really quickly actually! Bryan was able to transfer through the same company he's been with for a year and a half, and now here we are.

We've been here for, wow I have to think... since August 16. It's been a whirlwind of boxes, unpacking and dreaming... and some house hunting. We're in a temporary apartment until we find our home.

The awesome part is we live just a few miles from my sister.. an absolute dream come true.

We miss Vermont. Terribly. But we know that this is the right place for our family for this season. We are thankful that God leads us into His peace and His will. We are loving this season of establishing ourselves and being us... God is so good.

More to come. 




1 comment:

Emily grapes said...

You know, the past few days I've been thinking about you and wondering how you've been. So exciting to see you've been on a new adventure!!

Hopefully you can be settled soon and in a routine. Glad to hear you're so close to your sister. What a blessing! :)
Emily at Amazing Grapes