Pages

22.4.09

Cholestasis


Hey, sorry it's been a while since I've posted. Things have been a little crazy. First of all, I got dehydrated a couple weeks ago and landed up in the hospital hooked up to an IV with contractions. That was fun... then a couple days later I started itching like crazy all over my body. I had no idea what was going on... finally after a few days of it and a couple nights of absolutely no sleep because I was awake scratching myself until I was bleeding... I went into the Dr's. Turns out I have a disease called Intraheptic Cholestasis (click on the link to read an article...) Basically, it puts you at risk for a lot of fun stuff. Good news is though that my doctor knows a lot about it and is really taking care of me. Now we have to get an ultrasound done every Monday (yay I'll get to see Peyton alot!) and they'll test the baby on 8 different things. As long as she passes the tests, she's fine. If she doesn't pass a test, they'll induce labor. And for safety's purposes they probably won't let me deliver past 38 weeks. Being 32 weeks right now... that's mega-soon!

I was pretty worried when I first found out about it all, but the more that I just pray and seek God about it, the more I know that everything is going to be just fine. Little Peyton helps ease Mommy's worries by keeping active! Those punches and kicks let me know she's okay. Medicine that I'm on is helping to ease the itching, and helping my liver to get back in order (read the article if you want to know more about the disease.) Also, I will be cured of the disease when I deliver. It's all a pregnancy thing, so I won't still have it after she's born. I just really have a peace that both me and my baby girl are going to be okay.

If there's one thing I've realized through all of this, it's that I really love this little girl. WIthout ever having met her or held her, I'm totally in love with her. She's my Peyton, and I love her with all my heart. I look at that gorgeous ultrasound picture of her face, and I just melt.

I'll keep you updated. Keep us in your prayers!

1 comment:

Jess said...

oh sweetheart! No wonder you were in so much pain. that had to be horrible. After reading the article, and what you worte about a couple weeks ago, it makes sense why you were feeling so uncomfortable. May God hold the three of you in His hands and give you peace and most of all great joy every time she moves and when you see her on the montiors. You will definaltey be in my prayers.

Love you!

Jess

ps, don't have skype, so I can't do the bananna dance ;)