Pages

25.5.10

Happy Birthday, Bug!

I am writing Peyton's birthday post a few days early, because I want to be sure I fit it in before we leave on Sunday! There is so much to do between now and then that I'm afraid this all important post will get neglected in the midst of it all!



Dear Peyton,

Tears come to my eyes even to begin this letter. First and foremost, Happy Birthday my sweet darling daughter! I can hardly believe that it has already been one whole year since I first looked into your clear blue eyes. "You are altogether lovely, my darling, there is no flaw in you!" I'll never forget the day you came into this world... It was the happiest day of my life. As cliche as it sounds, it truly was love at first sight, my dearest.

You have grown so much since that day! You have blossomed into your personality and have become a vivacious, precocious, joyful little girl! Your smile is infectious and your love tenderizes the coldest heart. Your giggles and babbles are music to my ears! You are joy to parent... you are obedient, even at such a young age, and you are so tender. But at the same time, you are such a tough little cookie! You hardly ever cry when you get hurt... you are always such a brave little thing. But you are never too tough to snuggle up with Mommy when you need a little loving!

Peyton, you have taught me so much in your year of life. I was only 19 when I got pregnant with you, and I was still very much a little girl myself. Because of you, I became a mother; a woman. You have taught me responsibility and discipline... but more importantly you have taught me joy and love.

When you were 11 months old your daddy and I discovered that you are going to be a big sister before your second birthday! I know that you are going to be Mommy's helper! And I can't wait for you to have your own little playmate! You are going to make the most wonderful big sister :) This little one in Mommy's tummy is very blessed to have you as their big sister!

Peyton, you are an absolute joy. I count the minutes until you wake up each morning... so I can burst into your room, wrap you in my arms and breathe in your beautiful scent. Your smile is just what I need to brighten my morning, and your open arms are calming to my soul.

You are such a precious gift from Jesus, and I can't fully express to you how truly, deeply I love you.

Happy Birthday my Bug.

Love, Your Mommy

7 comments:

~The Harrison Family~ said...

She is so beautiful, Claire! I remember when you had her and I thought what a beautiful little girl you had....just a beautiful family. Can't believe our babies are almost one! What a blessing they are!

Ria @ Life as a Wife! said...

BEAUTIFUL!
You can also "schedule" posts :)
LOVE THIS!! HAPPY CELEBRATING!

Jess said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PEYTON! It's never to early celebrate a birthday.

What a beautiful message to your daughter Claire.

Tori said...

Aw Claire, that made me tear up. Beautiful post for a beautiful girl! Happy almost birthay Peyton!

Jamie said...

Happy Birthday, Peyton!!

Claire, this was beautiful - but I had to laugh a little when I read the line "I count the minutes until you wake up each morning...so I can burst into your room, wrap you in my arms and breathe in your beautiful scent." Don't get me wrong, that beaming smile I get when I walk into her bedroom every morning is the highlight of my day. But our morning routine goes something like this: 6am, Ava's early morning protests come over the baby monitor. Stephen and I lay drooling on our pillows until one of us fears that the noise might wake the neighbors. I open our bedroom door, and the kitties fly through my legs and jump into our bed faster than it takes my blurry eyes to register their presence. I grab Ava from her crib and pad in my fuzzy slippers back down the hall where we both collapse back into bed. This is all followed by approximately 15 minutes of being crawled on, chewed on, drooled on, and licked by 2 cats and a baby until I decide that getting out of bed might actually be the better alternative...

Your life sounds so beautiful!! It sounds like you've got it all together - you're going to have to tell me your secret!! Peyton is lucky to have such a wonderful mommy :)

Breanna Hudy said...

Happy Birthday Peyton!!

I miss you both soo much! Peyton's looking more and more like you!!...more beautiful each day :) Make sure you tell the new little one all about auntie Bre :)

♥ Brittany Ciara ♥ said...

What a sweet sweet post! Happy birthday to Peyton!

I was so glad to hear that you all got your Visas and were at the airport. I felt God working and I wish you all the best of luck! Many blessings and much love!