Pages

24.10.11

Waiting.

God has been speaking to me lately. In consistent, constant conversation.

This past week, His word for me has been WAIT.

My morning devotional one day was about waiting. A few of my favorite bloggers posted about waiting. I got in the car, turned on the radio and the preacher on the radio was talking about waiting. Then a friend of mine randomly told me a testimony from her life about waiting...  Do you think God was trying to tell me something?! I can't totally share yet just what God was telling me to wait about... but lets just say I knew what He was talking about. And I'm so glad He goes out of His way to get His point across.

"Waiting strengthens our patience and lengthens our perspective."
-Chuck Swindoll

Waiting is possibly one of the hardest principles in the Bible for me to follow. And I think I know why... It means relinquishing control. It means accepting that you won't be able to totally see the road in front of you,  but moving forward anyway. That's scary for a dreamer like me. I like to rush ahead and see everything I can as quickly as possible. In my mind, there will be time to stop and smell those roses later, but first, I want to know what's around that next bend.

God is teaching me to sit. To stop. To pause. To rest. To WAIT. And I am learning to trust His silence. To understand His peace. To be refreshed in His stationery presence. 



4 comments:

Emily grapes said...

I've been seeing the same message as well go around and He definitely gets His point across, doesn't He? haha

Waiting is so hard, but I too am doing my best to sit back and let Him be God while I'm waiting.

Laura said...

Our sermon at church on Sunday was about waiting! Sometimes in times of waiting God draws us closest to Him. It calls us to truly put our trust in Him...thanks for sharing!

Ria @ Life as a Wife! said...

mmmm ... what a hard thing to do! Thank you for this post!

Melissa said...

Wait is my least favorite 4 letter word. Up until probably 6 months ago I felt like that was my life theme. Hurry up and wait. It is a tough thing to deal with. I will pray for you :)