Pages

18.4.10

Thank You... and The FLU!!

(Don't you love this picture of Peyton at an aquarium in Vermont? She fell in love with the turtle in this exhibit... and the reflection of the adorable baby staring back at her!)

Thank you all so much for your tremendous feedback on discipline! If any of you haven't had a chance to share your wisdom, please still do! I really appreciated that all of you had different ideas to offer, but you all kept your discipline "tactics" in line with God's will for your families! Ashlee, thank you so much for saying that we are TRAINING right now, and DISCIPLINING later. That brought so much light to it for me! I realize that some of our inconsistency has come from not correctly distinguishing those two things. Like, we would punish her for one thing and not another because we felt she didn't know yet that was wrong. But now that I'm seeing it as training... that completely changes my perspective! Thanks to each of you who shared. I took so much valuable advice out of each one of your comments and I'm excited to put it all into practice! And I think Peyton will be better off for it as well.

Well, the stomach flu decided to visit our family this week! Peyton threw up three nights ago and then has had some on and off runny diapers since then. She seems to be completely better, but it hit me HARD last night! To top it off, Bryan was at work until 3 am! So I was alone with a fussy baby (she was having a really hard time getting to sleep and I think she could feel my stress). I would nurse her for a few minutes, then set her down and run off to puke... poor thing, I could hear her crying from her crib while I was in the bathroom! And she now stands up in her crib but she can't figure out how to sit back down so I have to go back in there  and get her laid down again. It was a HORRIBLE night! I've never had the flu quite that badly and I felt TERRIBLE! I was crying out to Jesus the whole time! Then I went on to have the most sleepless night because my stomach wouldn't settle down. We didn't even have any ginger ale in the house to help out! Ugh. And if you don't know this about me already... I hate puking. In middle school I was labeled the puke-a-phobe (LOL!) I haven't puked since 9th grade (well and last night!) and typically I resist it... But last night there was no resisting! Haha, don't worry I won't go into detail for the feint of heart! Now we're just praying that Bryan doesn't get it!

Needless to say, my house reeks of Lysol this morning! I'm still not completely feeling great... I'm very weak because there's literally NOTHING in my body. Bryan is going to head out soon to grab me some saltine crackers and ginger ale.. maybe some applesauce too so I can get some substance inside of me. We'll see how it goes... My legs are also KILLING me... and I don't really know why... just an added bonus to my general state of well being ;)

1 comment:

Jess said...

The picture of Peyton is adorable. So are the ones below. I think she's ready for the Bananna Dance :).

So sorry you're sick. Will say a prayer for you and your family, that the Lord will heal your body and restore it.

Jess